If you’ve followed me on just about any social media for the past year, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve grown to love John Maxwell’s leadership material.
It’s just so … quotable.
Ok seriously though, Maxwell has been studying, practicing, writing, and teaching leadership material for decades. He is truly an expert when it comes to leadership. His books are not only insightful, but practical and helpful.
This is why I love to tweet Maxwell quotes. But sometimes even the best tweets get lost in the digital noise. So here’s a compilation of the quotes I shot off last week, called “The World Needs Leaders …”
The World Needs Leaders:
- who follow a moral compass that points in the right direction regardless of the trends
- who take a little greater share of the blame and a little smaller of the credit
- who will be as honest in small things as in great things
- who add value to the people and organization they lead
- who work for the benefit of others and not for personal gain
- who discipline themselves so they will not be disciplined by others
- who inspire and motivate rather than intimidate and manipulate
- who never place themselves above others except in carrying responsibilities
All of this and much more material came from Maxwell’s book Developing the Leader Within You. Click on the book title to go to amazon if you’re interested in more.
So if you’re a student of leadership like I am, this list is a great place to start. If you want to be a great leader ask yourself, ‘Do I possess any of these qualities?’